US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
VietNam Local Labeling Services
Medical device labeling requirements in VietNam are addressed by the Government of VietNam (GVN) Decree 43/2017 On Goods Labeling. The Decree replaced previous guidance on goods labeling, Decree No. 89/2006.
General Device Labeling Requirements
- Name of goods
- Name and address of the enterprise responsible for the goods
- Origin of goods
- Circulation number or import license number
- Lot number or serial number
- Date of manufacture, expiration date (sterilized or disposable medical equipment, reagents, calibration substances, control materials, chemicals require an expiration date)
- Instructions for use
- Instructions for storage
- Warranty conditions
- Other details in conformity with the nature of the goods prescribed in Appendix I of Decree 42/2017 and other relevant legal documents.
Instructions for Use (IFU) for certain low risk devices and labeling for software can be provided online.
All products must be labeled in VietNamese. Country specific labeling, included the VietNamese translation of the original label, can be affixed as a secondary label in VietNam after importation.
Circular 05/2019/TT-BKHCN provides labeling guidance depending on how the product is sold. Products sold to the final customer will only need a label for the box or container, even if there are 100+ pieces inside. However, if there’s a carton of 10 boxes and each box is intended to be sold separately to different consumers, there will need to be labeling on the carton and on each individual piece. Furthermore, if there is also a 100 items within each box, then there will need to be 3 levels of labeling, on each carton, on each box and then on each individual piece that will be sold separately.
The manufacturer is charged with labeling goods for domestic circulation. Independent License Holders, like Asia Actual, can affix secondary labels to imported products. If using an Independent License Holder, the name and address of the License Holder must be listed on the label.
Contact Asia Actual to see if our VietNam labeling solutions are right for your needs.
Vietnam Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222
- VietNam Expedites Registration of COVID-19 Related Medical DevicesOctober 4, 2021 - 10:01 am
- VietNam’s MOH to Require CSDT Documentation for Class B, C, and D DevicesMay 24, 2021 - 6:53 pm
- Navigating the New Vietnamese Public Medical Device Pricing PortalApril 7, 2021 - 4:29 pm
- Vietnam to Require Annual Inspection of Certain Medical EquipmentJanuary 15, 2021 - 9:07 pm
- Vietnamese MOH Establishes New Medical Device Advisory CouncilNovember 20, 2020 - 5:21 pm