China’s National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) maintains a list of all medical device categories called the Medical Device Classification Catalogue. NMPA published a notice on August 17, 2023, that they had released amendments to the Medical Device Classification Catalogue. It’s important for manufacturers to understand these changes as they can significantly impact the cost and time to register medical devices.
Thai FDA is drafting new guidelines for AI Regulation. The novel characteristics of artificial intelligence (AI) software cause issues with the medical device registration process in most countries. The Thai Food and Drug Administration (Thai FDA) is working to address this important issue, most recently by hosting a meeting with interested parties on July, 2023, which Asia Actual Thailand employees were invited to attend.
China’s National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) updated its clinical trial exemption list, adding 47 products. The NMPA updates this list every two to three years, with the last amendment in 2021. This brings the total number of clinical trial exempted product categories in China to 1,025.
India’s Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has issued an update on plastic packaging and Plastic Waste Management (PWM) requiring importers quantify the type of plastics being imported through a brief registration process.
China is developing new standards and processes for the regulation of advertising for medical devices (as well as pharmaceuticals, food supplements and cosmetics). The goal is to maintain the order of the advertising market, standardize the review of advertisements and protect the rights and interests of consumers.
In a virtual meeting held June 19, 2023, the Thai Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) discussed several measures aimed at enhancing the management of medical device registration applications. Standing out was the new Regulatory Applicant (RA) program which provides expedited reviews to applications submitted by certified RA’s and the possibility of utilizing External Expert Bodies as an additional review resource.
The Department of Health (DH) in Hong Kong has announced a new strategy for the procurement of medical devices (MDs), effective from June 21, 2023.
Vietnam has recently made significant amendments to its medical device registration process and technical documentation requirements. The Ministry of Health (MOH) issued Circular 10/2023/TT-BY on May 11, 2023, outlining the new guidelines for pre-market approval.
Search Our News
- China’s NMPA Updates Medical Device Classification Catalogue September 19, 2023
- Thai FDA Drafting New Guidance for SaMD and AI Device Registration September 18, 2023
- China NMPA Adds 47 Products to Clinical Trial Exemption List August 22, 2023
- New Plastic Waste (PWM) Rules Affect Medical Device Importers in India August 22, 2023
- China to Regulate Medical Device Advertising August 2, 2023
- Thai FDA Improves Medical Device Application Process June 27, 2023
- Hong Kong Government Prioritizes Purchase of Locally Registered Medical Devices June 15, 2023
- Vietnam Adjustments to the Medical Device Application Requirements June 7, 2023
- An Introduction to GeM, India’s Online Portal for All Public Hospital Purchases May 30, 2023
- Vietnam Diagnostic Imaging Center Hosts AI Software Conference May 11, 2023