Thailand Medical Device Market
Estimated at US$2.1 billion in 2018, Thailand heavily relies on foreign imports for the vast majority of their medical device needs. Compared to other countries in the region, Thailand can be seen as successfully developing their own medical device manufacturing sector by targeting primarily consumable products where they can better compete in the local and neighboring markets.
While Singapore may still have the top medical tourism industry in southeast Asia, Thailand is currently seeing a surge in this industry. Along with providing a cost effective alternative to the large populations of many nearby countries, the low language barrier and “Westernization” of their medical centers indicates Thailand should be able to sustain their recent growth. Additionally, to support the continued growth in this sector, the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) provides local startups and foreign investors with various incentives to spur ongoing investment and development.
GROW WITH US
Asia Actual is available to help navigate the complex medical device registration requirements and regulatory pathway for medical device and IVD distribution in Thailand.
Contact Asia Actual for a free consultation discussing the potential for your medical device or IVD in the Thailand medical device market.
Important Documents and Links
Thailand Regulatory Support
Latest Market Updates
- Thailand Fast Tracks Class D Medical Device Registration with Singapore Approval StatusOctober 25, 2021 - 9:47 am
- Thai FDA Updates Medical Devices Applications FeesOctober 15, 2021 - 10:52 am
- Thai Requirements for COVID Test KitsMay 19, 2021 - 1:34 pm
- Thailand Implements New Medical Device RegulationsFebruary 26, 2021 - 7:38 pm
- New Advertising Exemption in ThailandNovember 30, 2020 - 5:27 pm