Singapore Medical Device Market
Singapore is renowned for its role as a healthcare hub for the region and is overseen by the Health Science Authority (link). With patients traveling from neighboring countries, Singapore draws over 400,000 patients to receive its high-quality healthcare. Regularly listed in the top ranks for global healthcare, Singapore continues to be a lucrative medical device market with high demand for healthcare and research communities.
The government is very committed to Singapore’s healthcare needs, installing a long-term plan to raise GDP spending on healthcare to 8%, up from 4.6% currently. The National Health Expenditure is expected to rise to US$9.6 billion per year by 2020. Singapore has strong fundamentals in healthcare excellence, providing strong infrastructure and universal health coverage, further increasing the demand in the Singapore medical device market.
GROW WITH US
Asia Actual is available to help navigate the complex medical device registration requirements and regulatory pathway for medical device and IVD distribution in Singapore.
Contact Asia Actual for a free consultation discussing the potential for your medical device or IVD in the Singapore medical device market.
Important Documents and Links
Singapore Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 8800-3197
Latest Market Updates
- Singapore’s HSA Removes Classification and Grouping Inquiry OptionApril 1, 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Singapore’s HSA Issues New Guidance on Special Access Routes (SAR)March 30, 2022 - 5:56 am
- Singapore’s HSA to Increase Fees in July 2022January 18, 2022 - 8:50 am
- Regulatory Spotlight: UDI Requirements in SingaporeMay 14, 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Singapore HSA Regulations on Hand Sanitizers, Masks, Thermometers, and Protective GearJanuary 22, 2021 - 5:06 pm