US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
VietNam Importing and Customs Clearance
Importing registered medical devices into VietNam requires a valid License Holder to oversee the customs clearance process for devices for which it holds the Import License, for Import Licenses issued under Circular 30. For Product Licenses issued under Circular 36, the License Holder may designate the responsibility to a properly licensed importer by issuing an authorization letter and providing the product’s MA licenses and classification document.
The VietNam importing process for medical devices is similar as in other countries with submission of shipping documents, payment of import tax (if any depending on HS code, usually 0% for medical devices), payment of VAT (10% on goods and services, 5% for medical devices as per Circular 30 list), etc. Shipping rate will vary significantly by mode and point of origin; and should be known to manufacturers. Customs Clearance charges should not exceed 1% of Cost of Goods.
A source of common delays can be:
- Discrepancies or inconsistency with HS Code (when using different Freight Forwarders)
- Inconsistency between shipments with the value of goods
- Shipments containing expired and valid items as Customs does not allow for partial clearance
- Discrepancies between registered product label and actual product label
Asia Actual is committed to fair, efficient and transparent importing transactions. Competitively bid third-party services (e.g., freight forwarding) are charged on a pass-through basis. A Shipment Report is generated per event to record fees and document receipts.
Basic support from Asia Actual will involve taking title of the shipment through customs clearance and managing the following activities:
- Order and payment processing
- Arranging shipping (ex-works typical)
- Customs clearance
- Organizing local delivery to distributor warehouse
Optional support services are available such as long-term storage, breakbulk, labeling, and order fulfillment.
Using Asia Actual as your License Holder in VietNam comes with the added benefit of expertly managed, efficient and transparent importations.
Contact Asia Actual for more information on our VietNam importing services.
Vietnam Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222
- VietNam Expedites Registration of COVID-19 Related Medical DevicesOctober 4, 2021 - 10:01 am
- VietNam’s MOH to Require CSDT Documentation for Class B, C, and D DevicesMay 24, 2021 - 6:53 pm
- Navigating the New Vietnamese Public Medical Device Pricing PortalApril 7, 2021 - 4:29 pm
- Vietnam to Require Annual Inspection of Certain Medical EquipmentJanuary 15, 2021 - 9:07 pm
- Vietnamese MOH Establishes New Medical Device Advisory CouncilNovember 20, 2020 - 5:21 pm