The Philippines Food and Drug Administration (FDA) intended to implement the first two phases of the new medical device regulatory system (known as Administrative Order 2018-0002) on April 11, 2019, however the implementation date has been delayed. Extra time is needed for the CDRRHR to finalized guidelines for classification and grouping, etc.
This Notification announcement represents a departure from the anticipated process to add devices to those that require registration in India. Manufacturers of currently non-Notified devices should be vigilant about pending registration requirements.
Search Our News
- Hong Kong Refines Medical Device Post-Market Surveillance Report Form January 27, 2023
- Thailand FDA Provides Guidance on Classification of Physical Therapy Devices January 19, 2023
- Philippines FDA Issues Advisory Reiteration Against Unethical Business Practices January 13, 2023
- Indonesia e-Catalogue Implementation Review, December 2022 December 30, 2022
- The Vietnamese MOH Issues Draft Decree to Address Delays December 14, 2022
- Thailand FDA Publishes Guidance for Software as Medical Device December 14, 2022
- China NMPA Updates Compulsory Standards for Medical Devices December 6, 2022
- China NMPA Updates Classification of Sodium Hyaluronate Products November 18, 2022
- India Issues Final Notice Exempting Certain Class A Medical Devices November 14, 2022
- China’s NMPA Publishes Classification Catalogue Adjustments for Comment November 8, 2022