US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
INDONESIA IVD DEVICE PRODUCT REGISTRATION
IVD device product registration in Indonesia is relatively fast and inexpensive. Prior to importation, medical and IVD devices must receive a registration number and product license (AKA marketing license) issued by the Ministry of Health to a local, licensed distributor. Reference country approval is required prior to registering an IVD device in Indonesia.
IVD device definition and classification in Indonesia closely follow GHTF guidelines and are being harmonized according to the ASEAN Medical Devices Directive (AMDD). Official guidance on timelines and fees for the processing IVD devices depends on classification.
|Class I||30 days||US$115 (Indonesian Rupiah 1,500,000)|
|Class IIa||60 days||US$230 (Indonesian Rupiah 3,000,000)|
|Class IIb||60 days||US$230 (Indonesian Rupiah 3,000,000)|
|Class III||90 days||US$340 (Indonesian Rupiah 5,000,000)|
Note that for novel devices to Indonesia, the Director General may request the expert team to provide scientific review of the application which will add time but no additional fee to the process.
IVD instruments will require IEC 61010-1:2001 reports and Class II and III IVD devices will require performance/characteristic evaluation reports. Finally, the application for HIV reagents and kits requires performance test reports generated at the Indonesia Reference National Laboratory Hospital (RSCM).
Once issued the product license is valid for up to 5 years.
Contact Asia Actual for assistance with IVD product regulations in Indonesia.
Indonesia Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222
Latest Market Updates
- Indonesia Freezes Government Purchases of 79 Categories of Imported Medical DevicesJuly 7, 2021 - 3:02 pm
- COVID Test Kits Now Require In-Country Testing in the Philippines and IndonesiaMay 4, 2021 - 4:54 pm
- Indonesia e-Catalogue to Soon Open for 1,480 Medical Device CategoriesDecember 8, 2020 - 5:14 pm
- Indonesia Market Summary and Registered Devices ReviewOctober 23, 2020 - 7:15 pm
- INDONESIA E-CATALOGUE MEDICAL DEVICE ENROLLMENT 2020June 30, 2020 - 3:57 pm