Indonesia Independent License Holder
Maintaining the ability to change distributors, or sell directly to multiple regional distributors, is critical to a successful strategy in the dynamic Indonesian market. Applications for medical device registration to the Indonesian Ministry of Health (MoH) must be submitted and controlled by a local agent (AKA Sole Importer). An agent is granted power of attorney to hold the registration license on behalf of a foreign manufacturer. Licenses are non-transferable, and only one can be valid per device at one time.
Asia Actual is a full-service provider of medical device license-holder services in Indonesia, specializing in working with regional distributors. Contracting with Asia Actual as an independent license holder allows you to:
- Sell to multiple regional distributors (avoiding mark-up by a national importer)
- Increase transfer pricing (as distributors are not investing in registration costs)
- Improve leverage in distributor negotiations/responses
- Add or change distributors as required
- Keep intellectual property away from local commercial agents
For more information about how to transfer local agents, please visit our Indonesia Medical Device Registration page.
Contact Asia Actual to see if our Indonesia Independent License Holding service is right for your business.
Indonesia Regulatory Support
Latest Market Updates
- Indonesia e-Catalogue Implementation Review, December 2022December 30, 2022 - 11:45 am
- Good Distribution Practice Requirements in IndonesiaOctober 28, 2022 - 2:47 pm
- How New EU MDR Requirements Will Affect Registrations in AsiaAugust 12, 2022 - 2:07 pm
- Indonesia Issues New Guidance for Freezing Medical Devices on eCatalogueAugust 5, 2022 - 9:30 am
- Medical Device Advertising Requirements in AsiaJuly 22, 2022 - 10:08 pm