US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
ECommerce in Indonesia
Selling Medical Devices Online
Manufacturers that have an eCommerce component to their sales strategy in the US and other markets, now have powerful options to sell medical devices directly to consumers in Indonesia.
Southeast Asia has emerged as a great new revenue source for eligible products primarily driven by increasing income, desire for personal well being and new centralized eCommerce platforms. New platforms like Lazada and Shopee allow manufacturers to easily reach 600 million consumers in SE Asia, twice the size of the US. When combined with Asia Actual’s management and fulfillment services, manufacturers can focus more on what they do best, while we handle the administration, importation, and localization of a branded, manufacturer-owned, online storefront.
Asia Actual’s eCommerce Sales Program
Asia Actual’s local office in Jakarta will take care of all the local compliance requirements including device registration, Customs clearance and VAT obligations. Additionally, Asia Actual can provide a variety of customized, marketing support service depending on each manufacturers’ needs.
Available Options Include:
- Management of shipping, importation, Customs clearance and warehousing of goods on consignment
- Asia Actual can also provide Store Management services such as:
- Branded store establishment and management
- Translation and localization of product description and details
- Customer chat and correspondence management (for 100% Chat Response Rate)
- Manage Storefront warehouse inventory (for 100% Ship on Time rate)
- Maintain Storefront in conjunction with manufacturers’ sales and marketing teams.
- Management of accounts, payments and financial compliance and monthly reporting
- Collect, report and directly service any wholesale client inquiries (e.g., pharmacies and retail stores)
- Monthly conference call to review results and consider adjustments to tactics or strategy
This program gives manufacturers the ability to better compete in the price sensitive markets of Southeast Asia through our efficient importing and fulfillment services, allowing manufacturers to keep a larger percent of each sale.
Even though a consolidated marketplace can help manufacturers reach more customers easier, it is still important to work with a knowledgeable partner that can help localize your marketing efforts. Asia Actual’s experienced professionals make importing and marketing your products online easy while helping to increase profit margins through our direct fulfillment service.
eCommerce in Indonesia
Until recently, eCommerce in Indonesia had been dominated by local companies like Tokopedia and JD.id but regional players, Lazada and Shopee, have made significant progress in the last couple of years. By resolving the two lingering problems: logistics and payment processing Shopee and Lazada are set to continue their rapid expansion, as discretionary income continues to rise and online purchases become easier and cheaper.
- Tokopedia, an Indonesian company, is the clear leader in Indonesia with 75.5 million monthly website visits in 2019, according to an iPrice Report.
- Shopee came in second with almost 62 million monthly visits but saw a lot of their success during peak sale events like 11.11 and 12.12.
- Lazada has also been making progress and is expected to be a leader in the Indonesian market in the next 5 years.
- Between 2017 and 2018, Indonesia saw a 20% increase in the total amount spent online, according to a Statista Digital Market Outlook study. Source
Contact Asia Actual for a free consultation discussing the eCommerce potential for your medical device or IVD device in Indonesia.
Indonesia Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222