US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
eCommerce in India
SELLING MEDICAL DEVICES ONLINE IN INDIA
Manufacturers that have an eCommerce component to their sales strategy in the US and other markets, now have powerful options to sell medical devices directly to consumers in India.
Southeast Asia has emerged as a great new revenue source for eligible products primarily driven by increasing income, desire for personal well being and new centralized eCommerce platforms. New platforms like Lazada and Shopee allow manufacturers to easily reach 600 million consumers in SE Asia, twice the size of the US. When combined with Asia Actual’s management and fulfillment services, manufacturers can focus more on what they do best, while we handle the administration, importation, and localization of a branded, manufacturer-owned, online storefront.
ASIA ACTUAL’S ECOMMERCE SALES PROGRAM
Asia Actual’s local office in India will take care of all the local compliance requirements including device registration, Customs clearance and VAT obligations. Additionally, Asia Actual can provide a variety of customized, marketing support service depending on each manufacturers’ needs.
Available Options Include:
- Management of shipping, importation, Customs clearance and warehousing of goods on consignment
- Asia Actual can also provide Store Management services such as:
- Branded store establishment and management
- Translation and localization of product description and details
- Customer chat and correspondence management (for 100% Chat Response Rate)
- Manage Storefront warehouse inventory (for 100% Ship on Time rate)
- Maintain Storefront in conjunction with manufacturers’ sales and marketing teams.
- Management of accounts, payments and financial compliance and monthly reporting
- Monthly conference call to review results and consider adjustments to tactics or strategy
- Collect, report and directly service any wholesale client inquiries (e.g., pharmacies and retail stores)
This program gives manufacturers the ability to better compete in the price sensitive markets of Southeast Asia through our efficient importing and fulfillment services. This allows manufacturers to keep a larger percent of each sale.
Even though a consolidated marketplace can help manufacturers reach more customers easier, it is still important to work with a knowledgeable partner that can help localize your marketing efforts. Asia Actual’s experienced professionals make importing and marketing your products online easy while helping to increase profit margins through our direct fulfillment service.
eCommerce in the India by the Numbers
Consolidation in recent years has left Lazada and Shopee as the primary eCommerce traffic generators in the region largely due to their success in resolving the two lingering problems: logistics and payment processing. With these hurdles out of the way, eCommerce throughout the region is set to continue its rapid expansion, as discretionary income continues to rise and online purchases become easier and cheaper.
- According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), eCommerce in India is expected to reach US$ 200 billion by 2026 from US$ 38.5 billion in 2017. Source
- Also, according to the IBEF, Internet Users are expected to increase from 687 million in 2019 to 829 million in 2021.
- According to a PwC report, by 2025, India’s contribution to the global middle class consumption would be approximately on par with China’s (~15%). Source
- Amazon is building an additional 10 warehouses and will then have over 60 warehouses or fulfillment centers across 15 Indian states. The area is equivalent to more than 100 football fields. Source
Contact Asia Actual for a free consultation discussing the eCommerce potential for your medical device or IVD device in India.
India Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222
Latest Market Updates
- India’s CDSCO Expected to Begin Enforcing Local BIS StandardsMarch 12, 2022 - 3:26 pm
- India’s CDSCO Adds United Kingdom to List of Accepted Reference CountriesMarch 10, 2022 - 4:06 am
- India’s MOH Releases Draft Amendment to the Medical Device Rules 2017February 3, 2022 - 1:01 am
- India’s CDSCO Releases Draft Notice for Suspending or Cancelling Import LicensesJanuary 27, 2022 - 8:27 am
- India’s CDSCO Temporarily Delays Implementation of UDI RequirementsJanuary 17, 2022 - 1:59 pm