US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
Philippines License Maintenance
License maintenance is an important consideration for manufacturers selling medical devices in the Philippines as failures to comply could lead to loss of market access and significantly affect sales. License Maintenance in the Philippines consists of paying an Annual Retention Fee, maintaining advertising compliance and obtaining approval prior to importing products that have changed from the original Registration Certificate.
The FDA does permit License Variations and are typically approved within 3 months.
Permitted Variations include:
- Change of legal manufacturer, exporter, and manufacturer
- Change of importer of distributor
- Change of manufacturer, importer, or distributor’s addresses
- Change and/or addition of sterilization site
- Change of label design
- Some changes of Instructions for Use (IFU)
Annual Retention Fees and Additional Requirements
The Philippines FDA now requires annual retention fees and will be due on the anniversary of the approval date.
The FDA may also include additional stipulations when approving a product, including restrictions on where a product is sold and information that needs to be on the labeling.
Changes – Interpretations of permissible modifications can vary and it’s important to always check with your License Holder or Regulatory Professionals when considering new changes to maintain compliance and avoid losing market access.
Contact Asia Actual with any medical device license amendment questions in the Philippines. Our local, bi-lingual regulatory experts are well positioned to assist.
Philippines Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222
Latest Market Updates
- Philippines FDA Issues Advisory Reiteration Against Unethical Business PracticesJanuary 13, 2023 - 9:21 am
- Expedited Market Access Now Available in PhilippinesOctober 4, 2022 - 10:25 am
- Transfer of Product Registration of Alcohol Swabs from CDRRHR to CDRRSeptember 14, 2022 - 1:26 pm
- Philippines FDA Publishes Revised Draft of New IVD RegulationsSeptember 9, 2022 - 10:20 am
- How New EU MDR Requirements Will Affect Registrations in AsiaAugust 12, 2022 - 2:07 pm