US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
ECommerce in the Philippines
SELLING MEDICAL DEVICES ONLINE IN THE PHILIPPINES
Manufacturers that have an eCommerce component to their sales strategy in the US and other markets, now have powerful options to sell medical devices directly to consumers in the Philippines.
Southeast Asia has emerged as a great new revenue source for eligible products primarily driven by increasing income, desire for personal well being and new centralized eCommerce platforms. New platforms like Lazada and Shopee allow manufacturers to easily reach 600 million consumers in SE Asia, twice the size of the US. When combined with Asia Actual’s management and fulfillment services, manufacturers can focus more on what they do best, while we handle the administration, importation, and localization of a branded, manufacturer-owned, online storefront.
ASIA ACTUAL’S ECOMMERCE SALES PROGRAM
Asia Actual’s local office in the Philippines will take care of all the local compliance requirements including device registration, Customs clearance and VAT obligations. Additionally, Asia Actual can provide a variety of customized, marketing support service depending on each manufacturers’ needs.
Available Options Include:
- Management of shipping, importation, Customs clearance and warehousing of goods on consignment
- Asia Actual can also provide Store Management services such as:
- Branded store establishment and management
- Translation and localization of product description and details
- Customer chat and correspondence management (for 100% Chat Response Rate)
- Manage Storefront warehouse inventory (for 100% Ship on Time rate)
- Maintain Storefront in conjunction with manufacturers’ sales and marketing teams.
- Management of accounts, payments and financial compliance and monthly reporting
- Monthly conference call to review results and consider adjustments to tactics or strategy
- Collect, report and directly service any wholesale client inquiries (e.g., pharmacies and retail stores)
This program gives manufacturers the ability to better compete in the price sensitive markets of Southeast Asia through our efficient importing and fulfillment services. This allows manufacturers to keep a larger percent of each sale.
Even though a consolidated marketplace can help manufacturers reach more customers easier, it is still important to work with a knowledgeable partner that can help localize your marketing efforts. Asia Actual’s experienced professionals make importing and marketing your products online easy while helping to increase profit margins through our direct fulfillment service.
eCommerce in the Philippines
Consolidation in recent years has left Lazada and Shopee as the primary eCommerce traffic generators in the region largely due to their success in resolving the two lingering problems: logistics and payment processing. With these hurdles out of the way, eCommerce throughout the region is set to continue its rapid expansion, as discretionary income continues to rise and online purchases become easier and cheaper.
- Lazada, owned by Alibaba, is estimated to have 34 million monthly visits. Shopee Thailand is estimated to have 19 million. Source
- 75% of Filipinos between the ages of 16 and 64 make online purchases each month, according to a GlobalWebIndex report.
Contact Asia Actual for a free consultation discussing the eCommerce potential for your medical device or IVD device in the Philippines.
Philippines Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222