US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
SELLING MEDICAL DEVICES ONLINE IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
Manufacturers that have an eCommerce component to their sales strategy in the US and other markets, now have powerful options to sell medical devices directly to consumers in Southeast Asia. The region has emerged as a great new revenue source for eligible products primarily driven by increasing income, desire for personal wellbeing and new centralized eCommerce platforms. These new platforms, Shopee and Lazada, now allow manufacturers to easily reach 600 million people, twice the size of the US. When combined with Asia Actual’s management and fulfillment services, manufacturers can focus more on what they do best, while we handle the administration, importation, and localization of a branded, manufacturer-owned, online storefront.
ASIA ACTUAL’S eCOMMERCE PROGRAM
Along with managing regulatory requirements and license holding, Asia Actual can provide a variety of customized support depending on each manufacturers’ needs.
Available options include:
- Management of shipping, importation, Customs clearance and warehousing of goods on consignment
- Asia Actual can also provide Store Management services such as:
- Branded store establishment and management
- Translation and localization of product description and details
- Customer chat and correspondence management for (100% Chat Response Rate)
- Manage Storefront warehouse inventory for (100% Ship on Time Rate)
- Maintain Storefront in conjunction with manufacturers’ sales and marketing teams
- Management of accounts, payments and financial compliance and monthly reporting
- Monthly conference call to review results and consider adjustments to tactics or strategy
- Collect, report and directly service any wholesale client inquiries (e.g., pharmacies and retail stores)
eCOMMERCE IN SOUTHEAST ASIA BY THE NUMBERS
Consolidation in recent years has left Lazada and Shopee as the primary ecommerce traffic generators in the region largely due to their success in resolving the two lingering problems: logistics and payment processing. With these hurdles out of the way, ecommerce throughout the region is set to continue its rapid expansion, as discretionary income continues to rise and online purchases become easier and cheaper.
- eCommerce in Southeast Asia is growing faster than any other region in the world.
- In 2018, eCommerce in the region was valued at over US$50 billion, a 20% increase from 2017.
- Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam spent a combined US$23.7 billion on online consumer goods purchases in 2018, a 27 % increase from 2017.
- eCommerce is estimated to reach US$100 billion in the region by 2025.
FAST AND EFFICIENT MARKET ACCESS IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
This program gives manufacturers the ability to better compete in the price sensitive markets of Southeast Asia through our efficient importing and fulfillment services, allowing manufacturers to keep a larger percent of each sale.
Even though a consolidated marketplace can help manufacturers reach more customers easier, it is still important to work with a knowledgeable partner that can help localize your marketing efforts. Asia Actual’s experienced professionals make importing and marketing your products online easy while helping to increase profit margins through our direct fulfillment service.
Contact Asia Actual for your eCommerce needs in Asian markets.
US: +1 512 898-9222