India’s Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has issued an update on plastic packaging and Plastic Waste Management (PWM) requiring importers quantify the type of plastics being imported through a brief registration process.
China is developing new standards and processes for the regulation of advertising for medical devices (as well as pharmaceuticals, food supplements and cosmetics). The goal is to maintain the order of the advertising market, standardize the review of advertisements and protect the rights and interests of consumers.
In a virtual meeting held June 19, 2023, the Thai Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) discussed several measures aimed at enhancing the management of medical device registration applications. Standing out was the new Regulatory Applicant (RA) program which provides expedited reviews to applications submitted by certified RA’s and the possibility of utilizing External Expert Bodies as an additional review resource.
The Department of Health (DH) in Hong Kong has announced a new strategy for the procurement of medical devices (MDs), effective from June 21, 2023.
Vietnam has recently made significant amendments to its medical device registration process and technical documentation requirements. The Ministry of Health (MOH) issued Circular 10/2023/TT-BY on May 11, 2023, outlining the new guidelines for pre-market approval.
In 2016 the Indian government launched an online portal, the Government e-Marketplace (commonly referred to as GeM) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry to provide for efficient and transparent procurement by government agencies across the country.
On April 15th the MEDLATEC Diagnostic Imaging Center (MEDIM) hosted a conference to discuss the current state of AI-based software in diagnostic imaging in Vietnam.
On October 1st 2023, the India CDSCO will enforce full license requirements for Class C and D non-notified medical devices as the final step of transitioning all medical devices under the new rules.
Search Our News
- Thai FDA QMS Updates to Affect GDP, GMP, and GCP February 14, 2024
- Hong Kong MDD Adds China and Korea to List of Reference Countries January 29, 2024
- Thailand FDA to Decrease Registration Application Processing Times January 25, 2024
- Thailand FDA to Improve Medical Device Advertising Review Times January 22, 2024
- Hong Kong MDD Issues New Technical Reference Document for AI-MD January 22, 2024
- Hong Kong MDD Issues Technical Reference for SaMD and SiMD January 17, 2024
- Philippines FDA Announces New Fee Schedule for Medical Devices December 15, 2023
- MDD Issues Guidance on Making Changes to Medical Device Licenses in Hong Kong December 7, 2023
- CDSCO Issues Updates to IVD Classification List in India November 29, 2023
- Embracing Innovation and Collaboration: Highlights from the 15th CII Global MedTech Summit November 2, 2023