US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
ECommerce in Thailand
SELLING MEDICAL DEVICES ONLINE IN THAILAND
Manufacturers that have an eCommerce component to their sales strategy in the US and other markets, now have powerful options to sell medical devices directly to consumers in Thailand.
Southeast Asia has emerged as a great new revenue source for eligible products primarily driven by increasing income, desire for personal well being and new centralized eCommerce platforms. New platforms like Lazada and Shopee allow manufacturers to easily reach 600 million consumers in SE Asia, twice the size of the US. When combined with Asia Actual’s management and fulfillment services, manufacturers can focus more on what they do best, while we handle the administration, importation, and localization of a branded, manufacturer-owned, online storefront.
ASIA ACTUAL’S ECOMMERCE SALES PROGRAM
Asia Actual’s local office in Thailand will take care of all the local compliance requirements including device registration, Customs clearance and VAT obligations. Additionally, Asia Actual can provide a variety of customized, marketing support service depending on each manufacturers’ needs.
Available Options Include:
- Management of shipping, importation, Customs clearance and warehousing of goods on consignment
- Asia Actual can also provide Store Management services such as:
- Branded store establishment and management
- Translation and localization of product description and details
- Customer chat and correspondence management (for 100% Chat Response Rate)
- Manage Storefront warehouse inventory (for 100% Ship on Time rate)
- Maintain Storefront in conjunction with manufacturers’ sales and marketing teams.
- Management of accounts, payments and financial compliance and monthly reporting
- Monthly conference call to review results and consider adjustments to tactics or strategy
- Collect, report and directly service any wholesale client inquiries (e.g., pharmacies and retail stores)
This program gives manufacturers the ability to better compete in the price sensitive markets of Southeast Asia through our efficient importing and fulfillment services. This allows manufacturers to keep a larger percent of each sale.
Even though a consolidated marketplace can help manufacturers reach more customers easier, it is still important to work with a knowledgeable partner that can help localize your marketing efforts. Asia Actual’s experienced professionals make importing and marketing your products online easy while helping to increase profit margins through our direct fulfillment service.
eCommerce in Thailand
Consolidation in recent years has left Lazada as the primary ecommerce traffic generator in the country largely due to their success in resolving the two lingering problems: logistics and payment processing. With these hurdles out of the way, ecommerce in Thailand and throughout the region, is set to continue its rapid expansion, as discretionary income continues to rise and online purchases become easier and cheaper.
- Lazada, owned by Alibaba, is estimated to have 45 million monthly visits. Shopee Thailand is estimated to have 30 million. Source
- According to Thailand’s Office of Industrial Economics, the value of Thailand’s medical device market rose to US$6 billion (176 billion baht) in 2019, a 70% increase over the decade. Source
- Thailand saw a 25% increase in year over year spending online by consumers between 2017 and 2018, according to Hootsuite. The largest increase in the world. Source
Contact Asia Actual for a free consultation discussing the eCommerce potential for your medical device or IVD device in Thailand.
Thailand Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222
Latest Market Updates
- TFDA Implements New Annual Reporting Requirements in ThailandApril 8, 2022 - 2:07 pm
- TFDA Updates Review Timelines for Medical Device ApplicationsApril 8, 2022 - 11:13 am
- Thai FDA Streamlines Medical Device Registration ProcessMarch 16, 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Thai FDA Updates List of Chemical PollutantsMarch 15, 2022 - 1:38 pm
- Thailand Fast Tracks Class D Medical Device Registration with Singapore Approval StatusOctober 25, 2021 - 9:47 am