US: +1 512 898-9222
SG: +65 3138-4148
Australia License Maintenance
License maintenance is an important consideration for manufacturers selling medical devices in Australia as failures to comply could lead to loss of market access, revocation of approval, suspension of business activities and administrative sanction fines that can significantly affect sales.
Along with receiving periodic assessments by an approved Conformity Assessment Body or the TGA, manufacturers will also need to pay an annual fee to maintain the products inclusion on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) and are invoiced every August.
Modifications and Amendments
The TGA does allow manufacturers to modify their Listings that have been approved by an acceptable entity. A straightforward variation application is necessary with updated certificates.
The following are examples of acceptable Manufacturers Evidence Amendments that may not require a new registration:
- The manufacturer’s name/address has changed (only if supporting evidence can be provided that this change does not result in a new legal manufacturer);
- The certificate number has changed;
- The certificate has expired and been re-issued;
- The scope of the certificate has changed;
- The conformity assessment procedure, including the manufacturer’s details, has changed;
- The notified body has changed;
- The EC Certificate has been updated;
- The issuer certification number has changed;
- The evidence issue date has changed;
- The evidence expiry date has changed;
- The evidence re-issue date has changed;
- Supporting documentation needs to be added;
- The annex route has changed.
|Application type||Application Fee||Schedule 9 Part 2|
|Variation to an ARTG inclusion entry||$470||Item 2A(g)|
|Medical Device Classification||Fee||Regulation|
|Class III||$1,200||Item 7(4)(d)|
|Class IIb||$940||Item 7(4)(c)|
|Class IIa||$940||Item 7(4)(c)|
|Class I – sterile||$640||Item 7(4)(b)|
|Class I – measuring function||$640||Item 7(4)(b)|
|Class I – other||$90||Item 7(4)(a)|
Contact Asia Actual with any medical device license maintenance questions in Australia. Our local regulatory experts are well positioned to assist.
Australia Regulatory Support
US: +1 512 898-9222
- The Philippines FDA Issues Guidance for Retailers of Medical DevicesOctober 15, 2021 - 11:27 am
- Thai FDA Updates Medical Devices Applications FeesOctober 15, 2021 - 10:52 am
- India Temporarily Suspends Compulsory Medical Device RegistrationsOctober 5, 2021 - 12:51 pm
- VietNam Expedites Registration of COVID-19 Related Medical DevicesOctober 4, 2021 - 10:01 am
- India to Require All Medical Devices be Registered Before ImportationSeptember 23, 2021 - 10:02 am