The Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) published a draft amendment to the Medical Device Act that mandates a new Management System for Controlling Medical Device Information (MCMI) to record information on the overall life cycle of the medical devices from manufacturing to end-use.
Yesterday, India’s National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) implemented price controls for knee prostheses resulting with an average reduction of 65% from prevailing market prices. The announcement was published on August 16, 2017, with immediate effect (full document available on the India page of Asia Actual’s website).
Exactly 6 months before the new Medical Device Rules, 2017 are to take effect the Drugs Controller General (India), Dr. G.N. Singh, published a notice that serves as a reminder to industry to prepare for the coming changes.
With FDA Advisory No. 2017-180 issued on June 20, 2017 the Philippines Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced intentions to gradually switch to power-free gloves. A full ban of powdered surgical and examination glove will go into effect on January 1, 2019 effecting the importation, distribution and sale of specified devices.
Search Our News
- Hong Kong Refines Medical Device Post-Market Surveillance Report Form January 27, 2023
- Thailand FDA Provides Guidance on Classification of Physical Therapy Devices January 19, 2023
- Philippines FDA Issues Advisory Reiteration Against Unethical Business Practices January 13, 2023
- Indonesia e-Catalogue Implementation Review, December 2022 December 30, 2022
- The Vietnamese MOH Issues Draft Decree to Address Delays December 14, 2022
- Thailand FDA Publishes Guidance for Software as Medical Device December 14, 2022
- China NMPA Updates Compulsory Standards for Medical Devices December 6, 2022
- China NMPA Updates Classification of Sodium Hyaluronate Products November 18, 2022
- India Issues Final Notice Exempting Certain Class A Medical Devices November 14, 2022
- China’s NMPA Publishes Classification Catalogue Adjustments for Comment November 8, 2022